- V-Q (ventilation-perfusion) scan
- A nuclear imaging study that looks at how well areas of the lungs that have air delivery (ventilation) are receiving blood flow (perfusion); usually used to diagnosed pulmonary emboli that cause decreased perfusion
- Widening or dilation of blood vessels.
- A chemical (natural or synthetic) that dilates blood vessels
- The two larger chambers (one on each side) of the heart; the right ventricle pumps blood to the lungs for oxygenation and the left ventricle pumps freshly oxygenated blood to the rest of the body.
- Vitamin K
- A natural vitamin that is found in green leafy vegetables; it counteracts the blood thinning effects of warfarin®.